Springtime on the Murray Princess
19 - 23 September 2022
Spring is in the air on the Mighty Murray. Witness the majestic river come to life on a 4 night cruise aboard the PS Murray Princess. Tour highlights include Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve, Sunnydale Woolshed Show, Nocturnal Tour, Cellar Door Tastings and more. Includes return flights ex Sydney, 4 nights Outside Cabin, coach transfers, tours and most meals.
5 Days for only
$2,599 pp t/s
Single Suppliment $630
WITNESS THE MIGHTY MURRAY RIVER AT ONE OF THE BEST TIMES OF THE YEAR ABOARD THE SOUTHERN HEMISHERE’S LARGEST INLAND PADDLEWHEELER, THE PS MURRAY PRINCESS
Day 1 – MONDAY 19 SEPTEMBER 2022
Meet your KTG Tours Hostess at Sydney Airport ready to board your 9:15am flight.* On arrival at Adelaide Airport, we board our awaiting coach and travel to the Adelaide Hills stopping at Mt Lofty Summit to admire the spectacular views over the city. Then it’s on to the charming village of Hahndorf for some free time to shop and get lunch (at own expense). Continuing on we arrive in historic Mannum ready to board the PS Murray Princess. Relax and enjoy a Welcome Dinner as we cruise upriver under floodlight to our overnight mooring at Caurnamont. Keep an eye on the riverbank as you may see nocturnal wildlife while our on-board entertainer provides music for the night owls.
Day 2 – TUESDAY 20 SEPTEMBER 2022
Daybreak and it’s time for the keen photographers to be out to capture the special light and morning movement of wildlife. Enjoy a leisurely cruise upriver through one of 13 locks which maintain the flow and levels of water. This afternoon we moor opposite the township of Blanchetown for our overnight anchorage. As the last rays of the sun fade, we visit Burk Salter Boutique Winery and enjoy wine tasting at the cellar door which is fitted out with beautiful red gum bars. After dinner, join us for all the fun and excitement, and participate in our “Murray River Cup”.
Day 3 – WEDESDAY 21 SEPTEMBER 2022
After breakfast we cruise downriver to historic Swan Reach. Stretch your legs as you wander around the town that was first settled in the 1850s. Back on board for lunch we then cruise further downriver and take in the tranquillity as the landscape slides by. When we arrive at Sunnydale, it’s all ashore for the Woolshed Show as we recreate typical Australian woolshed history. Tonight, enjoy the great Aussie Barbecue – cooked and served in a bush setting on the banks of the Murray. Take an optional Nocturnal Tour (additional cost) in a purpose-built cart and view the spectacular Outback night sky.
Day 4 – THURSDAY 22 SEPTEMBER 2022
After an optional early morning Bush Tucker Breakfast (additional cost), the vessel cruises slowly downriver past magnificent cliffs scoured by the river over millions of years. We reach Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve, one of Australia’s most significant archaeological sites dating back tens of thousands of years. Take a guided boardwalk tour to view ancient rock carvings and to learn about Aboriginal history in the area. We return to the vessel to cruise downriver to Younghusband. Tonight delight in a delicious final night dinner and enjoy the evening entertainment.
Day 5 – FRIDAY 23 SEPTEMBER 2022
After breakfast, we farewell the Murray Princess and travel by private coach to explore the Barossa Valley. Stop at Mengler’s Hill for incredible views across the vineyards, visit Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop, then Kies Family Wines for a tasting and lunch finishing off with a guided Grand Insights Tour & Tasting at historic Seppeltsfield. We are then transferred back to Adelaide Airport for our flight arriving back in Sydney at 8:55pm.*
* Flight details are subject to change and will be confirmed prior to departure. Complementary food and beverages may be served on the flights. Additional items can also be purchased during the flight.
Included in your Package Price:
- Return Economy seat flying Virgin Australia from Sydney
- 4 Night Murray River Outback Heritage Cruise on the PS Murray Princess
- Quality accommodation in an Outside Cabin
- All meals during cruise plus lunch on last day
- An exciting selection of onshore tours
- Onboard presentations & entertainment
- Guided nature walks & eco-excursions
- Private coach transfers
- Visit Mt Lofty Summit, Hahndorf & Barossa Valley
- Escorted from Sydney Airport by experienced KTG Tours Hostess
[Fares exclude drinks, optional tours & services.]
- Bar and two lounges, sun deck, and gym, single-sitting dining saloon, gift shop and café, library, lift (Randell, Cadell and Sturt Decks only), guest laundry, tender boat.
- Outside Cabins are located on the upper decks with lift access. Majority of these cabins have twin bedding with limited double bedded cabins available. Each Outside Cabin opens onto the outside deck and have picture windows with private ensuite, air-conditioning, soaps, shampoo and towels; serviced daily. Each cabin is approximately 12 sq metres.
PLEASE NOTE: This itinerary has been put together to take in the best of the region and its attractions. Details are subject to change and cannot be guaranteed due to availability and other circumstances. Any exclusions from the standard itinerary are stated in the brochure. The tour price is based on per person twin share. Single supplement for this tour is $630. Tour price does not include Travel Insurance [Travel Insurance is highly recommended for all travellers]; personal expenses for drinks, laundry and personal requirements; optional extra touring; meals other than specified; tips or gratuities. Pictures are for illustrative purposes only.